Statement of Faith
Northumberland Christian School is a ministry of the
First Regular Baptist
Church of Northumberland, Pennsylvania. We hold to the
Confession of Faith of 1689 as the fullest expression of our faith.
The following is a brief statement of our faith:
1. We believe the whole Bible to be the verbally inspired and infallible
Word of God, the only sufficient rule of faith and practice.
2. We believe that the chief end of man is to glorify and enjoy his Creator,
Who exists in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - and these three
persons are one God.
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man,
vicariously placed Himself under the law and became obedient even unto the
death of the cross, fulfilling the law for His people and atoning for their sin.
He thereby purchased His church that they should be a holy people. He arose from
the dead and ascended into heaven, where He continues to minister to His people
as their prophet, priest and king.
4. We believe that man is by nature dead in sin and must be born again by the Holy
Spirit. Salvation is by grace through faith. Saving faith is the embracing of
Christ as Lord and Savior, turning from sin to serve the living God, and this faith
is the gift of God.
5. We believe that Christ will come again, that all men will be bodily resurrected,
and that Christ will judge all men. Those that have not obeyed the gospel shall be
punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord,
while those who by grace have obeyed the gospel shall inherit the kingdom prepared
for them from the foundation of the world and shall ever be with the Lord. Until
the day of His appearing, it is incumbent upon us to live in all purity as
strangers and pilgrims in this world, holding forth the Word of life, that others
may be brought to a saving knowledge of our God.